Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Failed to startup OC4J_BI_Forms instance in OAS 10gr2 Forms & Reports Services environment (OAS 10gR2 Forms & Reports Services, 10.1.2.0.1, AIX 5.3 ML-05)
icon8.gif  Failed to startup OC4J_BI_Forms instance in OAS 10gr2 Forms & Reports Services environment [message #296241] Fri, 25 January 2008 04:28
soudhara
The Java version is "1.4.2, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM AIX 5L for PowerPC (64 bit JVM)". DISPLAY variable is also properly set to "<local host IP>:0.0". ORACLE_HOME and PATH are also set desiredly. Everything was running fine few days back. Now when I am invoking "opmnctl startall", everything is getting up 'Alive' except OC4J_BI_Forms instance.

The command is running for long time on the prompt. No immediate err is coming. I was parellelly checking the $ORACLE_HOME/opmn/logs folder and $ORACLE_HOME/j2ee/OC4J_BI_Forms/log/<own folder> entries. Nothing wrong was added to any of the log files.

From another screen, using "opmnctl status -l" command shows OC4J_BI_Forms is in "Init" status. After say 30 mins, I killed the "opmnctl startall" process using "kill -9 <proc id>". Then also "opmnctl status -l" command showed OC4J_BI_Forms being in "Init" status.

On further little research, we found the "$ORACLE_HOME/opmn/logs/OC4J~OC4J_BI_Forms~default_island~1" logfile keeping the following msg:

08/01/24 17:24:53 Warning: Error reading transaction-log file (/retek/oracle/oas1012/j2ee/OC4J_BI_Forms/persi
stence/OC4J_BI_Forms_default_island_1/transaction.state) for recovery: premature end of file
08/01/24 17:24:53 Forced or abrupt (crash etc) server shutdown detected, starting recovery process...
08/01/24 17:24:53 Recovery completed, 0 connections committed and 0 rolled back...

Pls anybody help me with valuable inputs at earliest convenience. I was unable to find suitable stuffs from metalink.oracle.com.

Please inform me if you need anything more, to help you better.

Thanks & Regards,
Souvik Dhara
mailto: souvik.dhara@tcs.com
Previous Topic: USERID details not captured in access_log, pls help
Next Topic: Two reports for english and arabic
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:27:24 CDT 2024