Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » multiple dbwr processes and multiple archver process (Oracle 9.0.2.0.6 Windows Server 2003)
multiple dbwr processes and multiple archver process [message #293187] Fri, 11 January 2008 02:25 Go to next message
M.Shakeel Azeem
Dear All,

I had a production db server with 8 cpu's and archiving is enabled
There are lots of data loading using sql loader and during peak hours its loading very very slow
i suspect that i have some problems with dbwr or archer process
now i want to speed up dataloading
my question is:
will it be beneficial for me to setup multiple archiver process and multiple dbwr processes in a multi-cpu environment ?
will it increase the performance of data loading ???

regards,
M.Shakeel
Re: multiple dbwr processes and multiple archver process [message #293190 is a reply to message #293187] Fri, 11 January 2008 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:

There are lots of data loading using sql loader and during peak hours its loading very very slow

Theorically, loads should be done out of peak hours.

Quote:

i suspect that i have some problems with dbwr or archer process

Verify this with a Statspack and check wait events.

Quote:

will it be beneficial for me to setup multiple archiver process and multiple dbwr processes in a multi-cpu environment ?

It depends on wait events.
If you don't wait on these processes you will not have any benefit.

Regards
Michel
Re: multiple dbwr processes and multiple archver process [message #330742 is a reply to message #293187] Tue, 01 July 2008 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sophia.catfish
Hi,

I am already using SPAMMER. I found it very comfortable in speeding up data loading process.It will also provide you multiple archive process. For more information you better visit www.solix.com.

[Updated on: Fri, 19 September 2008 08:30] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: multiple dbwr processes and multiple archver process [message #330821 is a reply to message #330742] Tue, 01 July 2008 07:25 Go to previous message
alanm

hi,
what operating system are you running and what database version?

If UNIX do you have ASYNCH I/O enabled?

regards

Alan

[Updated on: Tue, 01 July 2008 07:48] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Best way to partition my table
Next Topic: Query running slow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 27 20:40:51 CDT 2024