Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » File Transformation (ORACLE WAREHOUSE BUILDER 10GR2)
File Transformation [message #277433] Tue, 30 October 2007 01:56 Go to next message
placeacall
I am a newbie to OWB, so I believe I could be pardoned for this question.
Is it possible without the use of external tables or loading into a staging table to convert a flat file with 5 columns to a flat file with 3 columns. ie
convert source file has 5 columns with variable number of records to target file with 3 columns and same number of records but without using external tables or intermediate staging tables.

If possible what steps can be performed to achieve this.
Re: File Transformation [message #277450 is a reply to message #277433] Tue, 30 October 2007 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As you've put it, I'd open this "5-columns" file in MS Excel, delete two columns and save it as "3-columns" file.

Or does it have to be done using OWB? If so, sorry - I wouldn't know how to do that.
Re: File Transformation [message #277502 is a reply to message #277450] Tue, 30 October 2007 06:52 Go to previous message
placeacall
The whole idea is to automate transformation of a flat file using warehouse builder. it is to produce a proof of concept using warehouse builder.

it is possible to wrtie unix scripts to remove the uneccesry columns but I am trying to achieve this also using warehouse builder

Previous Topic: Importing from a file
Next Topic: Designing my dimension and fact
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:56:45 CDT 2024