Home » Other » Marketplace » market for oracle apps dba - seniors please advice
market for oracle apps dba - seniors please advice [message #271578] Tue, 02 October 2007 01:58 Go to next message
gautamvv
hi all

I need a very important piece of advice from all the seniors .
I have been working in plsql since the last 2 years..

Now how easy is to me to shift to oracle apps dba role?
I have a generic idea about oracle dba...the roles and responsibilities, but have no idea about apps dba.

can anyone please throw some light on my following doubts

1) how far my knowledge in plsql will help me in learning apps dba?

2)how is the market for apps dba in USA? I will be moving to US pretty soon...

3) Any online help / documentation available?

4) most importantly, i have been informed that the pay for my
existing skill sets (plsql, unix) is quite low in the US, and so i have
to shift to other technologies like datawarehousing or apps dba
or oracle apps as such..

and ofcourse after 10 years down the line, i dont want to look
back and think " all i have worked is plsql alone !"

so i need to learn a technology which would help me to earn more
and at the same time..is somehow related to my knowledge in sql
and plsql...i feel oracle apps dba might be the right choice..

I need an honest feedback from all the seniors here, cause finally, it is me who has to take the decision, and this decision would decide my future in the US.

Re: market for oracle apps dba - seniors please advice [message #271600 is a reply to message #271578] Tue, 02 October 2007 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arju

1) A little.
2)Joy_division knows better.
3) Oracle Documentation.
Re: market for oracle apps dba - seniors please advice [message #271697 is a reply to message #271600] Tue, 02 October 2007 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MarcL
If you are a good Oracle DBA you can easily find a fairly high paying job here in the states. However without any DBA experience it is going to be much more difficult to secure a position and junior DBA jobs are not easy to come by.

I understand what you are saying about only having PL/SQL. Perhaps look into JAVA and/or other front end tools to add some skill sets to your resume.

Just my two cents.

Re: market for oracle apps dba - seniors please advice [message #272753 is a reply to message #271578] Sun, 07 October 2007 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gautamvv
front end tools, i have worked in visual basic

how about datawarehousing? any advice on learning that?

Re: market for oracle apps dba - seniors please advice [message #276265 is a reply to message #272753] Wed, 24 October 2007 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
altasen.com
Hi,

better start with the basics: System Administration (creating Users & Responsibilities, Menus, Folders, Concurrent Programs and Manegers). Learn about Workflow (for Approvals etc), and BI Publisher (for Reporting). All three techniques are not too difficult.

HTH
Roel Hogendoorn
http://www.altasen.com Oracle Application Books with screenshots
Re: market for oracle apps dba - seniors please advice [message #279969 is a reply to message #271578] Mon, 12 November 2007 02:07 Go to previous message
ellendus

Hi Goutham,

It's a good idea to shift to Oracle APPS DBA. As per my knowledge it's a very very good job. You can earn and learn like any thing day by day. I am working in this field since 3 years.

My suggestion is to go for Oracle APPS DBA in course in Wilshire technologies @ Ammerpet or aother branch. Learn some thing about Oracle APPS DBA and read the documents related to this course. This will really help you like any thing.

1) Every thing helps you ; Don't worry.
2) Oracle APPS DBA market is very good in US. you can earn 5-10K $ per month for 2 years experience persons.
3) serach in google for Oracle APPS DBA docs and oracle.com is main site for oracle doc's.
4) Go for Oracle APPS DBA.

Call me if you need any help from my side:

my number is : 9885280238.

Regards
---------
Srinivas Ellendula
+91 9885280238
Previous Topic: Oracle Application Books
Next Topic: oracle training for begineers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:13:25 CDT 2024