Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Oracle Database Performance Tuning (Note Sheets)  () 1 Vote
Oracle Database Performance Tuning (Note Sheets) [message #240836] Sat, 26 May 2007 06:30 Go to next message
ahmedb72

Hi all,

Attached is a document about Oracle 9i Database Performance Tuning (Note Sheets)

[Mod: Plaigiarised document removed]

[Updated on: Sun, 27 May 2007 01:01] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle Database Performance Tuning (Note Sheets) [message #240873 is a reply to message #240836] Sun, 27 May 2007 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
I read the start of the first chapter and found it pretty familiar. It is in fact copied word-for-word from the Oracle Performance Tuning Guide. I suspect the rest would be the same if I bothered to look.

I'm not too sure about the legalities of this (since Oracle publish the information freely), but I think its a bit rich for you to add your own copyright stating that no-one can use it for commercial purposes. Also, putting your name on the document as author without crediting Oracle is plaigiarism.

I'd advise you not to try publishing this on the web again, otherwise Oracle may choose to take legal action.
Re: Oracle Database Performance Tuning (Note Sheets) [message #240889 is a reply to message #240873] Sun, 27 May 2007 04:49 Go to previous message
ahmedb72

Hi rleishman,

Definitely, Oracle Documentation (specially the reference) was one of the resources I used to write the document. However, it was not my main source. Your assumption that the whole document is a copy from there is not correct. It would have been waste of my time to write a document as a copy from the documentation and then provide it for public.

The document is not officially under my copyright. My only concern is to make it sharable to all.

Thanks for your advice.

[Updated on: Sun, 27 May 2007 04:51]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Stress Oracle & OAS
Next Topic: Physical gets increasing after scheduled export
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 06:10:19 CDT 2024