Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Selecting different columns behave differently.
Selecting different columns behave differently. [message #229042] Thu, 05 April 2007 03:06 Go to next message
s_laksh_manan
I have a query in which I am having several tables joined. When I bring a column from one of the table in the Select clause (which is a PK for that table), the query starts retrieving data immediately. If I bring some other column from the same table (which is not the PK and has index on it) used in the join, the query is just running... I have never tried to find out how long it takes.. but, it is taking forever. The join is between the column which is the PK of the table and a fact tabe.

what could be the problem?

Re: Selecting different columns behave differently. [message #229053 is a reply to message #229042] Thu, 05 April 2007 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shanthkumaar

hi,

please post your query and table structure.

regards,
shanth
Re: Selecting different columns behave differently. [message #229374 is a reply to message #229053] Sat, 07 April 2007 01:18 Go to previous message
rleishman
And the Explain Plan of both queries
Previous Topic: All v$session_event numbers don't add to total time
Next Topic: fastest way for delete cascade
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 12:05:24 CDT 2024