Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » STATSPACK Report
STATSPACK Report [message #224217] Tue, 13 March 2007 07:20 Go to next message
babuknb

Hi,

I have attached my STATSPACK report. Here how to check my database performace ?

Note:

I have test the stastspack in my pc not a develo. or prod. evn.

Babu B
  • Attachment: testsnap.txt
    (Size: 62.83KB, Downloaded 1587 times)
Re: STATSPACK Report [message #225369 is a reply to message #224217] Mon, 19 March 2007 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbruhn2
Hi Babu,

from this one report you can only tell that you have been running statspack, and the performance seems to be excellent.
You have 3 minutes elapsed time between the snapshots and you have only spent 2 second doing CPU work.
The only thing that has been bothering the system SQLwise is statspack
BEGIN statspack.snap; END;

So if you stop using statspack your database will be working just excellent. Cool

best regards
Carl Bruhn
Re: STATSPACK Report [message #225566 is a reply to message #225369] Tue, 20 March 2007 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babuknb

Hi Carl Bruhn,

Thanks for your responce. I have one more question to you, i am having 193GB of Harddisk for my database. I want to create a database. My database will get 3 lakhs of records every month. So,

1. How can I design my SGA, DB cache, Java pool, Large pool, PGA size for better performance.
2. How can I tune my database for better performance. ??

Can you explain me ??

Regards,

Babu B
Re: STATSPACK Report [message #225772 is a reply to message #225566] Wed, 21 March 2007 06:29 Go to previous message
cbruhn2
Hi Babu,

given that much information about your database I would say nobody, would be able to tell you anything specific about how to setup your database. And if they did I wouldn't believe them Razz
My first approach would be to find out how many users are accessing the database, what are they doing, how many batch jobs, how much serverpower have you got, is anything else running on the server besides OS and Oracle database, have you more than 1 disk (190 GB) database isn't that much, how much would you be able to alter, and the list goes on and on.
As for the SGA I would at first use as much of the automatic stuff in setup as possible (not defining specific sort size and the like)

best regards.
Carl Bruhn
Previous Topic: to find out how many times a table got queried
Next Topic: Database Space Usage Measurements
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 03:24:04 CDT 2024