Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Oracle Payroll - Payments and Reconciliation
Oracle Payroll - Payments and Reconciliation [message #221430] Mon, 26 February 2007 13:41 Go to next message
stvelan
Hi,

In the case of Global HRMS and Payroll, how can payments be made by cash/ cheque/ bank transfer? (If there is no cash process/ cheque writer process/ bank transfer process).

In this case can payments be made through AP? How will reconciliation be done in the system?

Please advise.

Thanks and Regards,
ST
Re: Oracle Payroll - Payments and Reconciliation [message #221469 is a reply to message #221430] Tue, 27 February 2007 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tgs100
I have done one implementation with the above scenario.

Customization was done to bring the payroll details to Payables Interface table.

Basically we had 3 banks and few direct employee payments (all check payments). We created 4 suppliers in the supplier master and made payments against them.
Supplier1 --> XXX_EMPLOYEE_BANK1
supplier2 --> XXX_EMPLOYEE_BANK2
Supplier3 --> XXX_EMPLOYEE_BANK3
Supplier4 --> DIRECT_HR_PAYMENTS

In the direct HR payments, the employee details were entered in the DFF.

From HRMS, we transfered Cost center-ACCOUNT combination wise payroll details to GL

Cheers,
Sara
Re: Oracle Payroll - Payments and Reconciliation [message #221953 is a reply to message #221469] Thu, 01 March 2007 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stvelan
Hi,

I am clear about the second part where we run the costing process to generate the accounting entries and transfer it to GL from Payroll.

As for the first part, I was under the impression that each employee will be defined as a supplier in AP and the payments can be made to the employees via AP when this is not possible through payroll (as in global legislation). Is it enough that we define the banks as suppliers?

I am not clear about the customization part. It would be great if you can provide more details on the customization. May be a copy of the MD 50 would help.

Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Thanigaivelan.
Re: Oracle Payroll - Payments and Reconciliation [message #221967 is a reply to message #221430] Thu, 01 March 2007 05:55 Go to previous message
tgs100
There is no harm in defining each employee as supplier. When a new employee joins the company, you need to add a supplier and when the employee resigns, you need to inactivate the supplier.

Is it really needed?. You can create one supplier and enter the employee details in DFF which can be used to print check in the employee's name.

currently I don't have that MD50 doc.

First you decide how you are going to create the AP invoices for payroll. Based on that you need to bring the details from Payroll to AP Interface.

Cheers,
Sara

Previous Topic: How send report FSG to Lotus Notes
Next Topic: Securing Attributes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 07:53:51 CDT 2024