Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » while block is being read.....
while block is being read..... [message #220584] Wed, 21 February 2007 05:34 Go to next message
pramodgarre
While Block is being read by another session, will there be any other suitable block image for other sessions????if so...which setting or parameter defines that????
Re: while block is being read..... [message #220606 is a reply to message #220584] Wed, 21 February 2007 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbruhn2
I don't quite follow your question.
When a block is being read by Oracle it will normally be read into the buffer cache (direct reads is another issue) from here all other sessions will also be able to read the block.
I you're altering a block (insert/update) Oracle will keep a copy of the block as of before alterations for other sessions/transaction to read. (Read consistency)

best regards
Carl Bruhn
Re: while block is being read..... [message #220874 is a reply to message #220606] Thu, 22 February 2007 09:43 Go to previous message
pramodgarre
thks.....
but my doubt is that whether the block(the same physical block in which data is there) will be carried to buffer or it's copy will come into buffer....and as u said how many sessiona can read the block that brought to buffer????
Previous Topic: The 10 Longest Running Query
Next Topic: doubt on paritions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 23:45:44 CDT 2024