Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » The Temporary Tablespace??
The Temporary Tablespace?? [message #215029] Fri, 19 January 2007 01:03 Go to next message
trantuananh24hg
When I tested my DB, I found that temporary tablespace increased over 3.7 GB, I did not how I had had information for the temporary tablespace, and what could I remove from it.

What must I do now??

Thanks for advance!!
Re: The Temporary Tablespace?? [message #215034 is a reply to message #215029] Fri, 19 January 2007 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
You probably have the datafile set to automatically increase as required, and then did a really big sort, hash join, index build, whatever.

Check the manuals for ALTER DATABASE command, you should be able to shrink it now that it is not being used.

Ross Leishman
Re: The Temporary Tablespace?? [message #215042 is a reply to message #215034] Fri, 19 January 2007 01:32 Go to previous message
trantuananh24hg
rleishman wrote on Fri, 19 January 2007 14:15
You probably have the datafile set to automatically increase as required, and then did a really big sort, hash join, index build, whatever.

Check the manuals for ALTER DATABASE command, you should be able to shrink it now that it is not being used.

Ross Leishman

Thanks for your reply.

1/ The temporary tablespace was default with RDBMS created, then I did not understand that it was managed by LOCAL or AUTOEXTEND. And I checked datafiles corresponding to the Temporary tablespace, some datafile was 2.6GB totally.

2/ Some schemas like that SYS, OUTLN, HR, PERFSTAT and myDB are used, the others was locked. And the plan stability guides SQL statements must be run according to HASH.

3/ I think maybe the DBMS_STAT executes and I will send to you my report.

4/ I am sure for another softwares protected by Kaspersky Antivirus against for increasing OS block.

Thank you very much!
Previous Topic: Performance tuning
Next Topic: Regarding sort operation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 09:27:40 CDT 2024