Home » Other » Community Hangout » Dallas waits for its new leader
Dallas waits for its new leader [message #214084] Sun, 14 January 2007 21:43 Go to next message
Lisa98
Dallas is a city with immeasurable potential. But until the city as a whole wakes up, none of it will be realized. The Dallas Mayor Candidates with their sight fixed on the seat of the mayor in the upcoming elections in May 2007 are also devising various ways to tap the immense potential of this amazing city. As of now, it seems too early to make a prediction regarding the outcome of the election. However a rough idea of where and how each candidate would fare will be available when the first round of election-season campaign finance reports come in. Gary Griffith and Darrell Jordan were the early cash leaders this summer, in spite of the aggressive fund raising efforts of other Dallas Mayor Candidates like Tom Leppert, Ed Oakley and Max Wells.

Since candidates cannot formally register for a ballot spot until February 12, most seem content to make their media splash closer to that day or at least after New Year's Day. It also may be months before the people of Dallas know, given such a large field, whether there is more wisdom in one style or the other. Council member Ed Oakley, American Way magazine editor Zac Crain and attorney and 1995 mayoral election runner-up Darrell Jordan are the definite candidates who have officially announced their candidacy in this ever-expanding gaggle of at least one dozen candidates who have thrown themselves into this bash.

[moderator: changed politically partisan links]

[Updated on: Sun, 14 January 2007 22:36] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Dallas waits for its new leader [message #214088 is a reply to message #214084] Sun, 14 January 2007 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
Hmmm, if it looks like spam, smells like spam, and tastes like spam, chances are it's spam.
Re: Dallas waits for its new leader [message #214130 is a reply to message #214088] Mon, 15 January 2007 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
why not simply remove it?
Re: Dallas waits for its new leader [message #214157 is a reply to message #214130] Mon, 15 January 2007 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
/forum/fa/1579/0/ No way! Don't do that!

The whole weekend I got that strange feeling that something isn't right, that something is missing.

And now I know: this is it! Dallas waits for its new leader! I'm so glad Lisa posted this message that I can't express my enchantment! Thank you soooooo much! I believe hundreds of Oracle users all over the world share the same feeling!
Re: Dallas waits for its new leader [message #214162 is a reply to message #214157] Mon, 15 January 2007 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
So you actually read the post?
In my opinion that is one of the major reasons for the success of unsolicited mail (snailmail and email).
People say they hate it, but are too curious not to read it.

Just a quick glance should suffice: PLOINK is all that's heard...
Re: Dallas waits for its new leader [message #214163 is a reply to message #214157] Mon, 15 January 2007 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tahpush

The only thing I know and care about concering Dallas is:
What happend to J.R and the Ewings ? Razz
Re: Dallas waits for its new leader [message #214168 is a reply to message #214163] Mon, 15 January 2007 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
@Frank: now you got me thinking! Perhaps I should try to build a career as a politician? It seems that people take me too seriously /forum/fa/917/0/
Re: Dallas waits for its new leader [message #214177 is a reply to message #214168] Mon, 15 January 2007 05:11 Go to previous message
rleishman
Hey look, I'm not American - we have no "First Amendment", but the guidelines of the Community Hangout forum are pretty broad.

Is the intent spam? Yes! But once the links are removed, it's just harmless fluff that can promote deep thinking in bored Coatians. Wink

Besides, how could I - a conscientious member of the broader community of geeks and nerds - silence the voice of a possibly single female with potentially 97 friends of the same name?
Previous Topic: What did Santa bring?
Next Topic: A geographical question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:52:41 CDT 2024