Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » help regarding converting inv. org. to operating unit.
help regarding converting inv. org. to operating unit. [message #211790] Tue, 02 January 2007 05:42 Go to next message
kumar_apps
Hi All,

Could any one help on this ,

Here is the issue we are currently having 4 operating units and A B C D
under A we had 2 inventory orginisation a1 a2 under B same b1 b2 and Under C c1 c2 and D d1, d2.

So here all are is existed and have transactions running correctly and here is requirement

Need of upgrading a1 inventory organisation to ioperating unit level :?: ,is possible if so what its impact on existing Multi org setup.
how it should be achieved .

Awaiting response
kumar
Re: help regarding converting inv. org. to operating unit. [message #211855 is a reply to message #211790] Tue, 02 January 2007 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashant_pathak
Hi ,

I Suppose you can not do this.

You need disable the inventory organization and create new operating unit.

Post all accounting transactions into GL, close inventory period and disable inventory oragnization by specifying end date.

Create a new operating unit.

Regards
Prashant

[Updated on: Tue, 02 January 2007 12:49]

Report message to a moderator

icon5.gif  Re: help regarding converting inv. org. to operating unit. [message #211885 is a reply to message #211855] Tue, 02 January 2007 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumar_apps
Hi Prashant,

thanks for the reply, still have a doubt
coudn't v disable/uncheck the organization classification- INVENTORY ORGANIZATION and enable/check OPERATING UNIT
and we will give fresh operating unit information ( all these changes to the existing inventory organization - i mean without creating another organization for operating unit).

Pls. help clarify if I am wrong - also pls. explain will there be any problem doing as such

thanks and regards
kumar
Re: help regarding converting inv. org. to operating unit. [message #211977 is a reply to message #211790] Wed, 03 January 2007 05:37 Go to previous message
srikanth17
Hi,

If you want to define Inv Org at operating unit level, you need to perform the following setups

- Classify Operating unit as a Inv org.
- Define the Accounting & INV Org Parameters.(Consider it as a Master Organisation).
- than Assign this to child Inventory Organisations.

I hope this can help you.

Thanks & regards,
Srikanth.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 January 2007 00:34]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Counter API
Next Topic: Periodic Item Cost inquiry
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 17:25:09 CDT 2024