Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Interpret STATSPack Report
Interpret STATSPack Report [message #203604] Wed, 15 November 2006 14:38
faiz_hyd
Hi,

We had 2 issues today in Production DB,
1 -- Some connections from APP services were hanging and so app admin has to restart the services i know DB has nothing to do with it, but still they want to look into STATSPACK during
that period of time, because during the same time if i connect from TOAD/SQL or any other tool DB is fine, so don't know what they mean by they bounce the services and after that it was fine, still looking inot it.

By the way how to find out any report or SQL to find out
the number of connections made during paritcular time.. ( say 1 hr betwen 11-12 ) all connections / logout/ hanged one/ active/inactive to the DB.

2 -- second issue one of the APP Reporting query which actually runs through app and it deletes and insert into 1 or 2 tables TIMED OUT and gave error, APP people says last week it ran successfully, The major changes between last week and this week was some extra code was added in the package, but i ran the package individually it runs OK, little time it takes extra than last week which acceptable but never hangs..Does STATSPACK gives idea of long running queries.. or hanged or time out queries.

What else i can look in STATSpack report, which part of report i/we should concentrate.

How to find the top running (time consuming order from top to bottom ) those queries either from STATSPACK or
some other tool.
I have attached a copy of STATSPACK report can you people suggest some thing by looking at it I know it's a long one, but some tips for improvements, I see lot of consistent gets and Buffer Gets.

Thanks & Regards
Previous Topic: Pls help in reducing the buffer gets for the query below
Next Topic: flushing the buffer cache
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 07:08:05 CDT 2024