Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Could any one help me with any FSG info
Could any one help me with any FSG info [message #196832] Sun, 08 October 2006 02:36 Go to next message
sujatha_mu
Hi,

I'm looking for some good info or handbooks on FSG creation and Process. Could anyone help me with this ragard

Thanks & Regards
Sujatha
Re: Could any one help me with any FSG info [message #196833 is a reply to message #196832] Sun, 08 October 2006 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karna_btech005
what is FSG
Re: Could any one help me with any FSG info [message #196876 is a reply to message #196833] Sun, 08 October 2006 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sujatha_mu
FSG - Financial Statement Generator
A reporting tool used by GL for building customized reports
Re: Could any one help me with any FSG info [message #196951 is a reply to message #196832] Mon, 09 October 2006 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
There is a section of the General Ledger User's Guide called Financial Reporting. You should start by reading that.

If you don't have a copy of the General Ledger User's Guide, it can be downloaded, with all of the other Applications Documentation from http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/applications.html

Cool HTH

David
Re: Could any one help me with any FSG info [message #196964 is a reply to message #196951] Mon, 09 October 2006 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sujatha_mu
Hello David,

I truly appreciate your time for replying to me. I have already tried with the userguide as it sounds really confusing i'm looking for the otherway around.

Anyway thanks once again

Best Regards
Sujatha.
Re: Could any one help me with any FSG info [message #196971 is a reply to message #196964] Mon, 09 October 2006 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
Sujatha,

Well, I am not quite sure what to suggest next. You could try Google and see if you can find anything approriate and helpful.

What do you find confusing? Maybe if you asked a more specific question, we could help.

What aspects of FSG do you feel that you understand?

What aspects seem unclear?

David.
Re: Could any one help me with any FSG info [message #197104 is a reply to message #196971] Tue, 10 October 2006 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sujatha_mu
Hello David,

In FSG i'm exactly looking how one can define multiple rows and multiple columns of a report. While defining them what are the mandatory things to be considered.

Thanks & Regards
Sujatha
Re: Could any one help me with any FSG info [message #197165 is a reply to message #197104] Tue, 10 October 2006 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
sujatha_mu wrote on Tue, 10 October 2006 07:47

In FSG i'm exactly looking how one can define multiple rows .....
Rows are defined in a Row Set. Consider a section of a Balance Sheet:
Current Assets
Enter a Line number, a "Line Item" value of "Current Assets" and possibly nothing else.
Stock
Enter a Line number, "Line Item" value of "Stock" and click on "Accounts" then specify the values in the Account segment that represent "Stock".
Debtors
Enter a Line number, "Line Item" value of "Debtors" and click on "Accounts" then specify the values in the Account segment that represent "Debtors".
Cash and Bank
Enter a Line number, "Line Item" value of "Cash and Bank" and click on "Accounts" then specify the values in the Account segment that represent "Cash and Bank".
Total Current Assets
Enter a Line number, "Line Item" value of "Total Current Assets" and click on "Calculations" then specify the sum of Stock plus Debtors plus Cash and Banks, either by using their names or the range of Line numbers. Try it. You will see what I mean. It is not difficult.

..... and multiple columns of a report.

Columns are defined in a Column Set. Start by using one of the predefined Column Sets. When you are ready to start experimenting, copy one of the predefined Column Sets, then make changes to your copy. That way, if there is another report using the predefined Column Set, you won't accidentally change it.

While defining them what are the mandatory things to be considered.
The forms will prompt you for any mandatory fields. If you leave something out, you can go back and add it later.

The FSG is much more forgiving than most of the Oracle Applications, in that you can change things that you got wrong and even delete them. If you have joined a Column Set and a Row Set to build a Report, and you want to delete the Row Set (and start again), you will have to delete the Report (that uses the Row Set) before you can delete the Row Set itself, but that is easy to do.

Go ahead, have a go! Especially in a TEST system. It is almost impossible to break FSG. As long as you you don't change or delete something that you didn't create yourself, you should be fine.

Cool HTH

David
Re: Could any one help me with any FSG info [message #197170 is a reply to message #197165] Tue, 10 October 2006 05:58 Go to previous message
sujatha_mu
Hi David,

Thanks u so much for ur help. For sure i'll try this one. I'm dam sure i'll get it. I truly appreciate the effort u have taken for me.

Good Day to You

Regards
Sujatha.

Previous Topic: Probelm in Running the Report
Next Topic: service contracts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 16:06:27 CDT 2024