Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Restrict the choice from LOV in AP
Restrict the choice from LOV in AP [message #195768] Mon, 02 October 2006 05:17 Go to next message
krasen
Hi to All,
how an AP-user can be restricted to select, for example, a specific Document Category or given currency when manualy create a document-Invoice in AP/and the other apps/.

Thank you in advance!
Re: Restrict the choice from LOV in AP [message #196082 is a reply to message #195768] Wed, 04 October 2006 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KARTHICK_narayan

Dear Krasen,

can u please explain me clearly regarding ur problem.

so that i can give u a better solution for u. and also confirm me which version of oracle apps u r using.

regards
karthick
Re: Restrict the choice from LOV in AP [message #196090 is a reply to message #196082] Wed, 04 October 2006 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
krasen
Hi KARTHICK,
the issue is as follow:
There are several Document Ctegories (01,02 and 03 for example) in AP and when user 'X' manualy creates an Invoice in AP he must be restricted to choose 01. I tried with Form Personalizations to give an Error Message when NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE or VALIDATE-RECORD with Doc.Category 01. If the trigger event is WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE the Error Message occurs not before the Invoice is saved and the field DOCUMENT CATEGORY NAME is once again selected. If the trigger event is WHEN-VALIDATE-RECORD the Err.Message occurs too many times before the Invoice is saved.
Is there an option to exclude Doc.Category-01 from the LOV for User 'X' or to prevent the User from choosing 01 when creating an Invoice.

Thank You very much for the support!

Regards
Krasen.
Re: Restrict the choice from LOV in AP [message #196108 is a reply to message #195768] Wed, 04 October 2006 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KARTHICK_narayan

Dear Krasen,

herewith i have attached the steps to do that using forms personalization.

in this, i use to control selecting of invoices type . if a user select "standard" it will throw an error.

and if u want to assign this based on different user mean, then for each pair, select the context as user and define the user.

remember for each condition, u have to create this pair and assign the context to user.

hope this meet ur requirement.

regards
karthick
Re: Restrict the choice from LOV in AP [message #196138 is a reply to message #196108] Wed, 04 October 2006 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
krasen
Thank You KARTHICK for the SetUp steps. This works for my issue exactly as it have to!

Regards
Krasen
Re: Restrict the choice from LOV in AP [message #196139 is a reply to message #195768] Wed, 04 October 2006 05:47 Go to previous message
KARTHICK_narayan

hi Krasen,

welcome...

regards
karthick
Previous Topic: Why we use "Catalog" button in "Purchase Order"...
Next Topic: Problem with the post button in GL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 15:46:46 CDT 2024