Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Transaltion Programe
Transaltion Programe [message #194356] Thu, 21 September 2006 11:51 Go to next message
nivasgalla

Hi,

I have a doubt in Translation Programme. If I translated the balances I didn't get any output. Where we can check the balances.

thanks,

Srinivas
Re: Transaltion Programe [message #194474 is a reply to message #194356] Fri, 22 September 2006 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
Sad I don't know. I haven't got a clue.

Confused I expect that somebody out there might be able to help, especially if you told us which module you were using.

David.
Re: Transaltion Programe [message #194598 is a reply to message #194356] Fri, 22 September 2006 20:01 Go to previous message
mihirca
Dear All
I am new to ORACLE and also to this forum (This is my first post). To the best of my understanding this is what happens during a 'translation' program.....

1. I believe this is about the 'translation' program in GL

2. This program 'translates' the balances from the functional currency (as defined at SOB level) to reporting currency

3. Each GL balance is translated based on the rate existing in the 'currency rates' tables. The difference is parked in the Cumulative Translation Adjustment (CTA) account assigned at the SOB level

4. No Journal entries are created; but this is only a report.

5. Hence the GL balances do not get effected. The output is seen only in the report

Thanks
Mihir
Previous Topic: Order import
Next Topic: what are the differences between security rule and cross validation rule in oracle general ledger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 15:59:55 CDT 2024