Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Temp Data files Size
icon2.gif  Temp Data files Size [message #190083] Tue, 29 August 2006 04:22 Go to next message
mian imran
I Have given different database schema's , different temp file due to large sorting of respective databases reports. but now the problem is , it is increasing with rapidly like one of database temp file is increased up to 2 GB and total database schema size was not more than 60 mb. it happen with more than 6 database schema databases. what can i do to reduce this size and what should be the best size of temp file?. any other option for sorting
Re: Temp Data files Size [message #190102 is a reply to message #190083] Tue, 29 August 2006 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
What is your Oracle version.?
if it is less than 9i, first check whether you are using temporary segments for a temporary tablespace. A common mis-configuration in previous days is to to create temp tablespaces as permanent type.
And if you have autoextend on enabled, disable it.
>>what can i do to reduce this size
In 9i and above, create a new temp tablespace of your desired size.
make it default .
drop the old.
Re: Temp Data files Size [message #190274 is a reply to message #190102] Wed, 30 August 2006 00:16 Go to previous message
mian imran
Every thing u mentioned is already working. I have not one tablespace. i have multiple table space , separate for every schema and one is default temporary tablespace. Temporary tablespace associated with these separate schema's is due to large sorting of reports , so they not effecting other system schema's . but the MAIN PROBLEM IS there size is increasing up to 2 GB.Auto extend is off. but if this practice is carry on of size increasing it will effect the system in storage because i have 20 different schema's in main data base.

if there is any solution of this or any tip to diagnose this problem , write immediate. thanks
Previous Topic: Large Volume Updates And Performance
Next Topic: Oracle 9i redo logging performance poor in relation to DB2 on Solaris. Please help.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 22:49:51 CDT 2024