Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Probelem running 6i forms on 9i AS release 1
icon8.gif  Probelem running 6i forms on 9i AS release 1 [message #184291] Wed, 26 July 2006 01:10
parthiv108
I have a client server application developed in forms/reports 6i (Windows) and it is running against an 8i database. The is a project to web enable the application.
The application server is hosted on an IBM AIX 64 bit server, it is running the 9i Application server release 1, and it is running against a 9i database.

I compiled the forms developed in 6i (Windows) on the application server environment an once they were deployed they seem to be giving erratic behaviour. The users can't search on LOVs, When a field is clicked on for updating, the whole field gets highlighted as if you are trying to overwrite the field. The status bar is not displayed properly displayed (it appears at times and then disappears).

How do I diagnose the fault, I mean there are so many variables such as the environment, version of forms and the application server version.

I was upgrading the Application server to 9i release 2 and compile the 6i forms to get 9i forms, is this a good approach?
How else can i troubleshoot without exhausting all the options?

Help is needed urgently!!

Previous Topic: separate frame=false -- pls help me out
Next Topic: oracle workflow :Error: 3814: Please load Event System Seed Data before accessing this function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:53:28 CDT 2024