Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Integration of different modules in oracle apps  () 1 Vote
icon2.gif  Integration of different modules in oracle apps [message #183580] Fri, 21 July 2006 07:38 Go to next message
adarshbm
Hi, Smile
I need to know how different modules in apps are integrated with each other. i.e. how the modules are related to one other.

ex: BOM is dependent on Inventory module, in the sense that, with out items defined in Inventory BOM cannot be created.

I need information on all modules.. Cool

can anyone plz provide complete information on this??
suggesting some documents regarding this will also be appreciated.

thanks...
Re: Integration of different modules in oracle apps [message #183714 is a reply to message #183580] Sat, 22 July 2006 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karna_btech005
what u want to know exactly
Re: Integration of different modules in oracle apps [message #183805 is a reply to message #183714] Sun, 23 July 2006 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adarshbm
hi as i have explained i need to know the relation between different modules...
icon3.gif  Re: Integration of different modules in oracle apps [message #183840 is a reply to message #183580] Mon, 24 July 2006 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vin_odks
Hi,
I am attaching Power point presentation file which contains
integration between for various module in Financials.

I hope it provides you with the necessary info.

Regards
Vinod
Re: Integration of different modules in oracle apps [message #183849 is a reply to message #183840] Mon, 24 July 2006 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adarshbm
hi Vinod,

thanks, that presentation is really helpfull, providing information on how modules are related during financing.

i went through the presentation, can you plz provide some explaination on the flow, so that i would be able to catch better?

thanks..
Re: Integration of different modules in oracle apps [message #183888 is a reply to message #183580] Mon, 24 July 2006 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vin_odks
Hi,

Procure to Pay

1) When there is a Demand,the stock is verified from the inventory module. In case of any requirement,an requisition is raised with the specified UOM and the quantity required.

2) The Requisition goes into the purchasing module. In the purchasing/Iprocurement module, the requisition is converted to PO and sent to the supplier with the distribution Accounts.

3) Once the supplier sends the consignment and the invoice, it is received at the inventory, An Invoice is created in Payable modules. Accounting lines are created from the distribution lines of the PO. The new stock (Inventory activities ) is sent to General Ledger module.

4) The invoice is Paid .The Invoice and the payment accounting entries are transferred to Cash management module for reconciliation,General Ledger module for accounting in Set of Books .

Order to Cash

1) The customer places the Order for Items in Order Management module

2) The Order management checks the availability of Items in the Inventory module. In case the demand is not satisfied , the Cycle shifts to Purchasing module to satisfy the demand.

3) The Items are shipped to the customers along with the Invoice. The invoice is processed by Receivables module. The collection info goes into Cash Management module for Reco.as well as the General ledger module for accounting entries in Set of Books.

This is one the the basic flow of Procure to Pay and Order to Cash. This can be further sub divided into various activities .

For a start I think this should be enough.

Regards
Vinod

Re: Integration of different modules in oracle apps [message #184514 is a reply to message #183580] Wed, 26 July 2006 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srkiran23
@vin_odks

That was neatly explained !!

Cool Cool Cool
Re: Integration of different modules in oracle apps [message #211384 is a reply to message #183888] Thu, 28 December 2006 05:49 Go to previous message
kumar_apps
thanks vinod

for clear explaination on 2 cycles

kumar
Previous Topic: Using Dataload to upload data into Oracle Applications
Next Topic: multi-org
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 16:49:56 CDT 2024