Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Failover page for Oracle 10g App Server
Failover page for Oracle 10g App Server [message #169108] Tue, 25 April 2006 02:27 Go to next message
vikram_e
Hi,

Could anyone please suggest me how to configure a 'Failover Page', which would be shown to the user during Server maintenance activities. Server being used is Oracle 10g (10.1.2). While the IP and Port are correct, I want to display this page if my application is taken down for maintenance.

/ Vikram
Re: Failover page for Oracle 10g App Server [message #169631 is a reply to message #169108] Thu, 27 April 2006 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Replace the existing application sign-on page with static page of the same name that simply says "DOWN For Maintenance!".
Re: Failover page for Oracle 10g App Server [message #169664 is a reply to message #169631] Fri, 28 April 2006 01:32 Go to previous message
vikram_e
Thanks anacedent.
The case here is , sorry for not being clear earlier, that one of my Action Servlets is directly hit by an external server. The external server is always ON and I have to get my server down for the deployments. While some user accesses the application, as my server would be down, he would get a 'Page cannot be displayed'. I want to prevent this for being more user friendly.

Is there is a possibility that any URL / page / servlet 'not-found' on my server be redirected to a single page with appropriate message ?
Previous Topic: TNS:could not resolve service name
Next Topic: Login dialog for OAS application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:54:58 CDT 2024