Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Application server - Urgent
icon9.gif  Application server - Urgent [message #167365] Wed, 12 April 2006 12:21 Go to next message
ashuj20
Hi ,

What I'm trying to do is export our production data (approximately 100 gb)and import it into our TEST instance, replacing the data that is currently in there. The production system is Oracle DB version 9.2.0.3, with Oracle Apps version 11.5.9. The TEST system is Oracle DB version 9.2.0.3 with
Oracle Apps version 11.5.10.2.

I do not have any idea about oracle apps.

Firstly, can anyone please tell me, is there complex task involved in data migration. I mean, since the version of oracle apps are different, will it cause any problem if I migrate the data to test version.

Secondly, can you please give me reference to some sites or books or documents, where I can get some basic knowledge on orcale apps.

Regards
Ashish
Re: Application server - Urgent [message #167377 is a reply to message #167365] Wed, 12 April 2006 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
you must have metalink.oracle.com access - they the best resource for this type of question.
Re: Application server - Urgent [message #167749 is a reply to message #167365] Sun, 16 April 2006 11:51 Go to previous message
zeshanali76

Dear Friend,

It has a long but simple procedure.

Source Database:

1. select table_name space from v$tablespace;
Generate a query who should create ur tablepaces e.g.

select 'create tablespace '|| table_space ||' datafile '/abc/xyz/tablespace_name' .....

Copy the result and save it in tableSp.sql file

2. select ' create user ' || username || ' identified by ' || '"'password '"' default tablespace '|| tablespace name from dba_users order by created;

Save the result in tablespace.sql

<SQL queries u will have to refine ok>

3. select ' create role ' || rolename || ';' from dba_roles;

SAve the result in roles.sql

4. select username from dba_users order by created;

Save the result in listofusers.txt file

5. Take full export of the Database.

Target Database:

Ru tablespace.sql < Tablespaces created>
Run createusers.sql < Users Created >
Run Roles.sql

now make a batch <windows> / sh <UNIX/Solaris/Linux/HP-UX/AIX>

for i in `cat listofusers/txt`
echo Importing user $i..
imp userid=<user with imp_full_database privilages>/password file=<full database export dmp> fromuser=$i touser=$i ignore=Yes Grants=yes

Run this script/batch file and relax on ur chair and c how Ur database is smoothly migrating from One OS to New OS/One Version to new.

Enjoy my friends.

I would love to job in Oracle Singapore

Zeeshan Ali Awan
zesh76@msn.com
Previous Topic: new reports servrces
Next Topic: forms not running
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:02:39 CDT 2024