Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Can anyone do the guidance to learn Performance Tuning?
Can anyone do the guidance to learn Performance Tuning? [message #165556] Thu, 30 March 2006 22:30 Go to next message
srivishnuhari
Hi,

Am new one step into Performance Tuning.

Can anyone do the guidance to learn Performance Tuning?

Am eager to learn and would like to deliver perfect query to satisfy the customer requirement.

Can anyone give your hand to lift me?

Am expecting needful help regarding this.

Thanks in Advance.
Re: Can anyone do the guidance to learn Performance Tuning? [message #165560 is a reply to message #165556] Thu, 30 March 2006 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sharan_it
Only experience can help u..

Becoz performance tuning depends on
1) size of tables
2) number of rows returned by the queries i.e inner query and outer query..
3) which methodology u r using..its is suits better..are u using suitable operators...
4) need to remove garbage codes which usually hits the performance
5) Is it nessary to use index..it yes means which type u r using..is it suitable..
6) what type of join u r using...
7) u can watch explain_plan also..before that u need to know what are the factors considered..

As a Senier Member, I suggest u try urself if u have any doubts or clarifications..first do the search whether similar forums are poster earlier and see that..Lots of forums available..

Still ur problem is not solved create a new forum..
Re: Can anyone do the guidance to learn Performance Tuning? [message #165613 is a reply to message #165560] Fri, 31 March 2006 01:22 Go to previous message
rleishman
Reading could help. Start with the Oracle Performance Tuning Guide and I would also recommend the Concepts manual as required reading in order to understand the PT guide.

You can look at my online SQL Tuning Guide. It is actually designed as a tuning methodology - something you use to fix a problem, but it could still be useful as a learning tool.

To go further, start to buy books. There are lots of good ones.

Ross Leishman
Previous Topic: resolving buffer busy waits
Next Topic: Use of 1 Cpu insted of 2 on Oracle 10 G
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 07:37:11 CDT 2024