Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » slow connection to oracle 8 server with oracle 9 client
slow connection to oracle 8 server with oracle 9 client [message #165457] Thu, 30 March 2006 05:53 Go to next message
mustafat
Hi,
We are using an oracle 8 server. formerly, we are connecting to this database with client pcs' with OS Windows 98, and client is 8.0.5. We are reaching to database with a program using BDE. We changed our pcs', convert the OS to XP, and clients are now oracle 9. However, the speed of the queries get very slow. Why can be the reason? What should I do?
p.s The reason for using oracle 9 clients is, to reach to another database which we will use later.
Re: slow connection to oracle 8 server with oracle 9 client [message #166258 is a reply to message #165457] Wed, 05 April 2006 07:21 Go to previous message
mustafat
I found the solution. It is because of the language settings. Ns_lang is not suitable for the server with new clients. I changed it with old one get faster.
Previous Topic: "db file scattered read" too high and Query going for full table scan-Why ?
Next Topic: Is it Oracle 10g slower comparatively Oracle 9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:07:08 CDT 2024