Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » OC4J authentication from database
OC4J authentication from database [message #164341] Thu, 23 March 2006 01:02
stroobat

I have downloaded an open source application of the internet (roller application).

This application uses form based authentication and the usernames and passwords are stored in an oracle table. This means that when the users logs in, the container must verify the username and password given by the user in the db.

I have it upo and running in Tomcat. With tomcat it is pretty straightforwarded. Just define a realm tag and give the db name and the databasename where the users are stored and this workds fine !

With OC4J it seems more complicated ... I have it up and running with file based security, but this is off course not an option in a production environment.

Is it as simple as in tomcat ? Add some tags in some sort of xml file that tells the downloaded application where to look for the usernames and passwords ?

Thanks in advance ...

Best regards,

Tom.
Previous Topic: Where is resource metadata stored?
Next Topic: 500 Internal Server Error java.lang.ClassCastException-urgent please
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:46:34 CDT 2024