Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » help needed in understanding how isqlplus works
help needed in understanding how isqlplus works [message #151231] Tue, 13 December 2005 17:59 Go to next message
amankhan
Hi Guys,

I am trying to run a sql script using iSQLPLUS. It hasnt been configured yet on our web server.
I have a HTML form which has parameters to be entered. When the user clicks submit button, the sql script will run which is placed on the server where isqlplus is configured and display the output in HTML page. I am using SET MARKUP HTML ON in my sql script to display the output in a webpage.

My question is, is it the standard functionality of isqlplus to accept the parameters from the HTML form and send it to the sql script query and display the output in HTML page.

For ex:- i have a query like this:

SET MARKUP HTML ON
select * from emp where empno = &empnumber

in HTML form, i will be passing one parameter with this empnumber. my doubt is how will the value be passed to the script when the user enters some value in the parameter form and presses submit button.

help appreciated in giving some idea about how this isqlplus works

Thanks

Re: help needed in understanding how isqlplus works [message #151424 is a reply to message #151231] Wed, 14 December 2005 16:48 Go to previous message
andrew again
I'm not sure how that works, but if youm have access to isqlplus, then you should be able to set up your own mod_plsql DAD (database access descriptor) and create some stored procedures to accept the request and print the result.

http://www.orafaq.com/faqmodpl.htm

• Attachment: DEMO_PKG.sql
    (Size: 9.63KB, Downloaded 1460 times)
Previous Topic: Close internet explorer which is launched py PL/SQL procedure ?
Next Topic: oracle9iAS support
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:21:41 CDT 2024