Home » Infrastructure » Windows » To the VB Experts !!
To the VB Experts !! [message #151142] Tue, 13 December 2005 07:29 Go to next message
abdallah_aldhamin
Hello all,

I'm working on developing a database system for a hospital (Database Project) using Oracle SQL 9i, and I'm required to develop a screen layout using Visual Basic 6.0 which I never, unfortunately, used to code on it!! Can some guide where to start?! and How to do so??

I've my SQL queries ready, but I have no idea how to connect to the database I have!!

Sorry if it's a repeated topic, but I'm indeed.

Many thanx

Abdallah
Re: To the VB Experts !! [message #151271 is a reply to message #151142] Wed, 14 December 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua

Its been more than 2 years when i used VB, but few things i remember.

You can use VB's ADO ( Activex Data Objects ) and this tool is available under "components " option in some menu ( i dont remember) . It comes under "ADO library 2.1" if i am not wrong.

And you can use "ODBC" in Administrative tools under control panel to create a connection with the database.

Thats it from my side, look into the docs for the above stuff and i hope you should get the exact answer.

Re: To the VB Experts !! [message #152493 is a reply to message #151142] Fri, 23 December 2005 08:24 Go to previous message
philipwinfield
Why aren't you using HTML DB? No VB required and web based too!

I used to be a competent VB programmer - use of data driven components was not something I would always recommend due to inflexibility etc. It might be easier to use ADO and standard objects on the forms. Have you a mock up or requirements document to work to?
Previous Topic: XP 10G R2 ... Java and tnsping NG
Next Topic: Unable to connect as SYSDBA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:51:34 CDT 2024