Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Incorrect system statistics
Incorrect system statistics [message #148098] Tue, 22 November 2005 13:37 Go to next message
wdavidsmc
Currently working on a strange problem with system stats. I've inherited a production and certification database (both running 9.2.0.6). We are using cert system stats in production because when we use production system stats the production system performance is extremely poor. The hardware on both systems are the same except for:

1) production uses raw disks, certification uses regular filesystems
2) production had 4 CPU's and 32Gb of memory and certification has 8 CPU's and 64 Gb of memory. The CPU's are they same speed and type.

Has anyone every experience this situation? How did you solve it. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Incorrect system statistics [message #149192 is a reply to message #148098] Wed, 30 November 2005 08:48 Go to previous message
smartin
Sorry, I don't have an answer, but would be curious if you find one. I thought I heard there was some "strange" behavior with system stats on 9iR2 vs 10gR1. Perhaps this is related. Or perhaps it has to do with the raw devices, and gathering system stats simply doesn't work right in that situation? Only other thing I can think of is the workload that was running during the statistics gathering process.
Previous Topic: temp segment error
Next Topic: hints on views
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:44:32 CDT 2024