Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Need An Alternate - Synonyms
Need An Alternate - Synonyms [message #144588] Thu, 27 October 2005 05:33 Go to next message
rohikesh

Hi All,
I have a synonym x for a remote database table y. Something like "create synonym x for y@remote_dblink".

With the change in design, my requireent is to have a similiar synonym representing the UNION of two tables y and Z from the remote database. Tables Y and Z are on the same instance but on different schema. I have created two db links for the same.

Can anyone suggest me as to how do I do that without affecting the performance??

I tried one method, wherein I created a view on the union of 2 remote tables and then created a synonym with the same name x on this view. But this design gives me serious performance issues when the synonym is used in subqueries at multiple levels.

Please advise me on this.

Regards,
rp
Re: Need An Alternate - Synonyms [message #144628 is a reply to message #144588] Thu, 27 October 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Try to create the view that joins the two tables on the remote system.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Need An Alternate - Synonyms [message #144647 is a reply to message #144628] Thu, 27 October 2005 09:54 Go to previous message
rohikesh

Hi Frank,
Thanks for ur reply!! I have already tried ur suggestion, but that is resulting in serious performance issues as views work badly when used in subqueries at multiple levels.

Please suggest an alternate to this.

Regards,
RP
Previous Topic: Book for tuning (I'm not a DBA, though)
Next Topic: Should Timeout period be increased
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:39:52 CDT 2024