Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » Using OCI / OCCI with just a few DLLs and not ORA file
Using OCI / OCCI with just a few DLLs and not ORA file [message #144315] Tue, 25 October 2005 21:07 Go to next message
ocinewbie
Hi everyone,

This may be a very easy question for most of you as I don't know much about OCI / OCCI yet. Basically, I am trying to write a piece of C++ code (that will be run within an MSI installer)that should verify that an oracle connection is valid. Later on, the installed program will use a JDBC thin driver, so my objective is simply to check from C++ that the connection to the database is good at installation time.

I am trying to use the OCI APIs to connect to the server, but it always fails somehow. I do have oci.dll loaded, but I don't have an ORA file. How can I simply check the connection with only a few DLLs (OCI or OCCI DLLs maybe), without an ORA file from the client? What should be the connect string format (the database is on a remote machine).

Regards,
Re: Using OCI / OCCI with just a few DLLs and not ORA file [message #150961 is a reply to message #144315] Mon, 12 December 2005 05:43 Go to previous message
manav.sah

hi!
if any one get the sol for linking the occi libraries (c++/OCCI) on Linux pkatform...pls tell me also..
i will be great ful to the members...
thanks
best regards
manav sah
Previous Topic: Regarding Pro*C
Next Topic: occi - Bytes class
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:41:01 CDT 2024