Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Windows update seems to wreak havoc on Oracle Database
Windows update seems to wreak havoc on Oracle Database [message #132707] Mon, 15 August 2005 16:04 Go to next message
tneal
We have an Oracle database using a SQL Platform and on Friday in order to update our accounting software package I needed to update Windows 2000 to SP 3 to be able to download Internet Explorer 6.0. In doing that this morning I found out that in trying to run a list or do anything in oracle that I get the following message ORA-01034 Oracle not available.

What do I do, any suggestions?

Thanks
Re: Windows update seems to wreak havoc on Oracle Database [message #132719 is a reply to message #132707] Mon, 15 August 2005 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
Have you tried restarting the database and/or computer?
Re: Windows update seems to wreak havoc on Oracle Database [message #132909 is a reply to message #132707] Tue, 16 August 2005 17:15 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
I received your e-mail stating that rebooting did not solve the problem. Please post all follow-up on the forums, not via e-mail, so that others can contribute, which is the whole idea of the forums. I have displayed the full text of your error message below. Please check the items suggested.

ORA-01034 ORACLE not available

Cause: Oracle was not started. Possible causes include the following:

The SGA requires more space than was allocated for it.
The operating-system variable pointing to the instance is improperly defined.
Action: Refer to accompanying messages for possible causes and correct the problem mentioned in the other messages. If Oracle has been initialized, then on some operating systems, verify that Oracle was linked correctly. See the platform-specific Oracle documentation.

Previous Topic: Oracle OleDb provider
Next Topic: ODBC translation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 21:18:24 CDT 2024