Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Is Oracle 9i AS Right Product for E-commerce website
Is Oracle 9i AS Right Product for E-commerce website [message #132415] Fri, 12 August 2005 11:05
dal_hit
Hi friends,

May I have your suggestion in about one descision that I have to take ?

I am preparing an e-commerce website dealing with online selling of Electronics goods, food products etc.

Q-1 Is it possible to prepare an e-commerce website with Oracle 9i or Oracle 10g [ considering Front end ]

I mean , some examples of application built with oracle 9i are Supply chain Management Package for production companies, Time office system, Sales Management system, Transaction processing system in Intranet of company etc..

But I haven’t come across any website [ which deals with selling of food products, electronics items], built with oracle 9i.

So for such e-commerce website, Oracle 9i is right product or right software ?

I hope that you would understand the question.

Q-2 During development phase do I need the software of “ Oracle 9i Application Server ” ?

Say that, oracle allows free download of its product for demo purpose. so in this way, I can download

--Oracle 9i Database
--Oracle 9i Developer Suite [Forms + Reports Builder]

At least , with this 2 products development work will start. So

Q- When I actually need to [ Download & Use ] Software of Oracle 9i Application server.

Q-3 When I will actually deploy my site on hosting server, then where do I will put my database.

According to my understanding, once we open an account with hosting server , they give us Username & password, with which we can upload .fmx files to hosting server, but what about database ? Do the hosting agencies provide separate server for database. I am not clear about this point.

So please give me guidance & help to clear this confusion.
Previous Topic: how to configure 9iAS and run a form-help plz
Next Topic: vb-xml-database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:49:41 CDT 2024