Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Connect HTTP-Server to a 10g-database
Connect HTTP-Server to a 10g-database [message #117970] Mon, 02 May 2005 04:36 Go to next message
techscan
On my PC is an installation of oracle database 10g and a database. The database can be managed with the oracle enterprise manager via internet-explorer. With SQL+ I have created a user named SDBTEST with some tables and a series of packages with several PL/QDL-procedures. These procedures (one of them is named TEST in the package TEST) will generate dynamic-HTML-sites. The complete application is running well on a other system!
How can I get connection to my database and the procedures via HTTP-Server?
Re: Connect HTTP-Server to a 10g-database [message #118243 is a reply to message #117970] Tue, 03 May 2005 16:23 Go to previous message
andrew again
10g application server is 9.0.4 right? In the previous equivalent version 9.0.2 you would:
1.) use mod_plsql (On unix the port numbers are in $ORACLE_HOME/install/portlist.ini under the infrastructure tier)
2.) using the admin website, add the DAD for your new database. Depending on the syntax you use, you may need to add the database name to the tnsnames.ora under the infrastructure tier too. The dads file could be $ORACLE_HOME/Apache/modplsql/conf/dads.conf

Your URL would then be something like http://host:port/pls/dadname/test.test?parm1=123&parm2=xyz
Previous Topic: Oralce Application Server /Database Server Installation
Next Topic: SQL-programmer software configuration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:20:36 CDT 2024