Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » howto check and change NLS and character set of AS
howto check and change NLS and character set of AS [message #116871] Fri, 22 April 2005 11:22 Go to next message
wucis
Hello,

I'd like to know which NLS language and character set the installed Application Server uses at the moment and how to change these settings.

Thanks in advance
Re: howto check and change NLS and character set of AS [message #116904 is a reply to message #116871] Fri, 22 April 2005 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
It depends on the version. I stand to be corrected, but from what I recall it's not set in 9iAS 9.0.2 when connecting through MOD_PLSQL. In 9.0.1 it was set. It's for globalization reasons. Capture your session nls settings and save of display them.
select parameter, value from nls_session_parameters where parameter like '%';

You can compare those settings to the defaults in v$parameter. You can also see what they look like immediately after App server login by trapping them with a logon trigger. You can identify your app server connections by looking in v$session for some reliable signature (like program etc). Of course the session deafults could be changed after the login trigger fires, so I'd check them again somewhere in your app code.
This will isolate the session info for your current session.
select *
  FROM v$session
where sid = ( select sid from v$mystat where rownum = 1 );
Re: howto check and change NLS and character set of AS [message #116910 is a reply to message #116904] Sat, 23 April 2005 03:37 Go to previous message
wucis
Andrew,

I use the AS 9.0.4
Can you tell me please how to connect to the AS through MOD_PLSQL ?

I was searching the NLS settings by connecting tghrough the web-interface: http://localhost:1810
but not find anything.

Maybe you have also a little example for the solution with the logon trigger ?

Thanks for your attention.
Previous Topic: Future of Application server
Next Topic: how to get network application information?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:41:15 CDT 2024