Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Excel-Oracle Connectivity Problem
Excel-Oracle Connectivity Problem [message #101397] Mon, 13 September 2004 22:41 Go to next message
Avra
HI... I'm Using Ofiice2000, Windows 2000 prof and Oracle Enterprise Edition.... I'm trying to retrive data from Oracle into excel... In excel I'm using the follwing option.... Data - Get External Data - Create Database Query.... Now it's asking for an ODBC.... I've already created an ODBC connectivity by Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle...... So I'm chhosing that DSN... But it generally fails to connect... After attempting 5-6 times, I'm able to connect...... Can you tell me what is the reason behind this problem?.... Is there any compitability issue?.... Is there any other way to retrive data from oracle into excel?

Thanks............
Re: Excel-Oracle Connectivity Problem [message #101529 is a reply to message #101397] Mon, 22 November 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew
Hi,

You could retrieve the data through VB code using OO4O.

Could be an option if you're familiar with VBA?

Regards,

Andrew
Re: Excel-Oracle Connectivity Problem [message #101567 is a reply to message #101397] Wed, 15 December 2004 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Parinda Desai
hi..
I'm also searching for the way to connect the excel sheet with oracle database in my live web based application. Its frontend tool is asp.net. if u find any detail regarding this.. please let me know.
Thanks.
icon14.gif  Re: Excel-Oracle Connectivity Problem [message #133666 is a reply to message #101397] Sun, 21 August 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tmuller

Hi,

you can do it with java, xml and xslt transformation. Excel since version MS Excel 2000 can view data in xml.

So you can in java code retrieve data from oracle, store it in
xml and then you can take some powerful library writen in java which take stored xml and your xslt stylesheet. This library can
generate special xml file format, which can Excel view without
any problems.

It's no problem transform xml to pdf, xls, html, svg etc. with
xsl or xslt stylesheet.

If you are interesting about java, write me and i will send you
a sample xml, xslt and java code witch this function.

I'm sorry for my english.

Regards

Tomas Muller
Re: Excel-Oracle Connectivity Problem [message #136278 is a reply to message #133666] Wed, 07 September 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott Cowan
Have a look at www.oraxcel.com, they have a product called SQL*XL , which provides a menu driven way on selecting / inserting /updating /deleting oracle data directly from excel.

It has a nice interface which makes product easy to start with.

I've spent last few days using it and you can embed oracle sql statements with cell references etc and then execute them as a batch.
Re: Excel-Oracle Connectivity Problem [message #136450 is a reply to message #101397] Thu, 08 September 2005 02:08 Go to previous message
NEOLLE_
Hi,
Search on Excel's QueryTable Method.

BTW, have you tested your DSN?
Previous Topic: OO4O - sluggish performance (*occational)
Next Topic: PATH variable limitation 1024 characters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:49:46 CDT 2024