Home » Infrastructure » Windows » oracle
oracle [message #101135] Sat, 22 May 2004 01:23 Go to next message
cris
Hi...guys

This is cris. I'm using windowsXP on P3 500MHz/128/MB ram. i'm trying to install oracle8i on this machine but i'm getting this error.

Unable to read C:Program FilesOracleInventory/Contents/OracleHomesList.ser. Some inventory information may be lost.Unable to read C:Program FilesOracleInventory/Contents/LibsList.ser. Some inventory information may be lost.

any one please help on this case.  

Thanx

cris

Re: oracle [message #101153 is a reply to message #101135] Fri, 28 May 2004 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tak Tang
My gut impression is that this is a permissions problem. You should be doing the install as administrator. Have you previously installed oracle on that machine? If not, c:program filesoracle should not exist. It might be left over from an aborted install. I would delete it, along with c:oracle (if it exists) and c:orant (if it exists) and the entire registry path HKLMSoftwareOracle.

But then again, I do tend to be a bit gung ho, and have to do frequent rebuilds :-)

Takmeister
Re: oracle [message #101270 is a reply to message #101135] Wed, 14 July 2004 08:04 Go to previous message
Deison Souza
Hi Cris ..

Are you need put the autenthicated user on security box in the refered folder "C:Program FilesOracle"

Best regards
Previous Topic: ODBC over WAN
Next Topic: Access and Oracle ODBC Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:21:26 CDT 2024