Home » Infrastructure » Windows » OraOLEDB and Inner Join
OraOLEDB and Inner Join [message #101117] Sun, 09 May 2004 00:02 Go to next message
Richard
Hi,

I work on a VB6 software using ADO (MDAC 2.7) to connect to Oracle 9.2i.

When I create a recordset based on a query containing a "inner join" clause (sql server syntax, the software connects also to sql server and the "inner join" syntax must be preserved for a large fraction of the queries), AddNew and Update methods fail.

Initially, I was using the MSDAORA provider ... With this provider, the BASETABLENAME property of each fields of the recordset  is wrong. All fields are considered as belonging to the same table and the recordset is thus not updatable.

So I have changed the provider to OraOLEDB.Oracle ... With this provider the BASETABLENAME is correct, each field is associated with its origin table BUT the Update and AddNew still fail :(

Any solution ?
Is it definitively impossible to update "inner join" recordsets ?

Thank you for your help,

Richard
Re: OraOLEDB and Inner Join [message #101118 is a reply to message #101117] Mon, 10 May 2004 17:32 Go to previous message
ashley collado
On the Oracle DB side, instead of directly issuing a query having the inner join, try to create an UPDATEABLE VIEW, and then use that view in your recordset. This should work fine...
Previous Topic: Oracle 8i service startup- Microsoft MS04-011 security update issue.
Next Topic: Problem with writing in directories (ORA-29283)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:54:09 CDT 2024