Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Basic Installation
Basic Installation [message #101023] Sun, 28 March 2004 13:54 Go to next message
Michael Howland
First things, first - I am an oracle newbie (I thought it would be easier to tell you then have you work it out from my obvious lack of knowledge).

I have written some vba macros for excel that require a connection to an oracle database. They work fine on my machine (I have had Oracle Forms and Reports 6i installed). What do I need to set it up on someone else's machine (I don't want to have to install the whole program). The error I receive from Excel is:

"The Oracle(tm) client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3 (or greater) client software installation.

You will be unable to use this driver until these software components have been installed"

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
run java program [message #101422 is a reply to message #101023] Thu, 23 September 2004 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srujan
"The Oracle(tm) client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3 (or greater) client software installation.

You will be unable to use this driver until these software components have been installed"

give a solution ,when i run a java application this error is genarate.
oracle 8.0
win98
Re: Basic Installation [message #101471 is a reply to message #101023] Mon, 18 October 2004 02:24 Go to previous message
Andrew Banks
Did your question get answered, i.e where did you download the Oracle client software from?

I cannot find it on the Oracle.com website apart from the full version which I don't want.
Previous Topic: Oracle Installation pronlem on win2k
Next Topic: Oracle Objects for OLE 0040 Automation Server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 15 23:17:58 CDT 2024