Home » Infrastructure » Windows » OO40: Setting the CacheMaximumSize property of an instance of the OraDatabase class.
OO40: Setting the CacheMaximumSize property of an instance of the OraDatabase class. [message #100848] Wed, 14 January 2004 03:54 Go to next message
Mark Grimshaw
Hello,

I am using OO4O, version 3 for Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows with Visual Basic version 6.

I am getting the intermittent errors "OIP-04796 Unable to create object instance" and also "Method createDynaset of _IOraDatabase failed" - I think both are related to one another and from the documentation "OIP-04796" relates to the client side object cache of the OraDatabase class. Reasoning that the client side object cache is too small I attempted to increase the relevant properties of the OraDatabase object using the following: -

MyOraDatabaseObj.CacheOptimalSize = 400

However, at run-time, this property of the OraDatabase object have not changed at all and I can't seem to set it. I have also tried setting the CacheMaximumSize property but to no avail.

Can anybody indicate to me where I am going wrong and either with the setting of the above properties or with the error message in general if I am not on the right track with the cache properties.

TYIA

Mark Grimshaw
Re: OO40: Setting the CacheMaximumSize property of an instance of the OraDatabase class. [message #101237 is a reply to message #100848] Thu, 01 July 2004 05:19 Go to previous message
Detlev Schops
Hello,

I have the same problem and cann't seem to find any
information about this topic on the web.
Please let me know if you find a solution!

thanx
Previous Topic: ORA-12571 TNS Packet writer failure.
Next Topic: When to patch Oracle 9.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:27:11 CDT 2024