Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Runtime Files Required by the Oracle Client Lib.
Runtime Files Required by the Oracle Client Lib. [message #100832] Fri, 21 November 2003 07:37 Go to next message
Kassahun Hailegabriel
I'm developing a vb application at Ethiopian Airlines. I've an oracle 8i database which resides on an NT Server. When I install the application on client (user) machines, I've to also install Oracle Net80 Client Utilities, which makes the setup tedious and not good for my users. So I want those DLLs and any required data files which can connect my VB Business Component from client machines to the database on the server...

Tanx
Re: Runtime Files Required by the Oracle Client Lib. [message #100833 is a reply to message #100832] Mon, 24 November 2003 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
You have to install an oracle client in the clientside.
else
if you are using a JDBC thin client ( i beleve VB may not support it) then, u still talk to database.

Re: Runtime Files Required by the Oracle for vb application package [message #101453 is a reply to message #100832] Tue, 05 October 2004 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sandeep viswanath
I'm developing a vb application at SITAR Solutions I've an oracle 8i database which resides on an NT Server. When I install the application on client (user) machines, I've to also install Oracle Net80 Client Utilities, which makes the setup tedious and not good for my users. So I want those DLLs and any required data files which can connect my VB Business Component from client machines to the database on the server...
Tanx
Re: Runtime Files Required by the Oracle for vb application package [message #101554 is a reply to message #101453] Tue, 07 December 2004 02:40 Go to previous message
Shahid a. shaikh
it is immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmpossible with oracle, "jaani, oracle bachchon ka khel nahin."
Previous Topic: Oracle & D2K installation problem
Next Topic: Imp Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:36:41 CDT 2024