Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Developer and Oracle client problem on NT server
Developer and Oracle client problem on NT server [message #100742] Wed, 16 July 2003 06:13 Go to next message
Shantanu
I have a NT server.
I already had developer 1.3.2 installed on that. But I am not able to install Oracle 7.3.4 client on the same. If I install the client then developer stops working and if I reload developer then oracle client stops working...!!
I can't keep them in same ORCALE_HOME because while installing I get Dr. Watson error.

I want to have Pro*C++, SQL*Loader and Developer Forms working on my PC. Can somebody tell me the solution for this.

Shantanu
Re: Developer and Oracle client problem on NT server [message #100744 is a reply to message #100742] Fri, 18 July 2003 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
you need to have them in different ORACLE_HOME.
And what do u mean by 'client stops working'?
is there any error message ? please post that.
every oracle client ( sql*plus or developer) will have its own tnsnames.ora.
so make sure u have the correct entries in the restive files.

Re: Developer and Oracle client problem on NT server [message #100747 is a reply to message #100744] Sun, 20 July 2003 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shantanu
Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for a reply.
Actually when I say that "Client stops working" I mean that I am not able to connect to server even after having correct TNSNAMES.ORA file. Basically I want both Oracle Client and D2K to point at same server. But can't keep them in same directory.
I get Dr. Watson error if I try to install D2K in the directory where Oracle client is already existing...
Re: Developer and Oracle client problem on NT server [message #100758 is a reply to message #100742] Mon, 04 August 2003 04:56 Go to previous message
Rahman
hi
U want both Oracle Client and D2K to point at same server. But it can't be kept them in same directory.
so install both in different directory & it'll works fine
hope it'll help u
by
rahman
Previous Topic: Restore (Very Urgent)
Next Topic: Client to Server Connection problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 08:01:11 CDT 2024