Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Connecting Oracle 9i database from ASP, VbScript
Connecting Oracle 9i database from ASP, VbScript [message #100327] Tue, 15 October 2002 08:53 Go to next message
Serge Stameschkine
Here's my BIG Problem:
(ASP, trying to connect Oracle 9i)
I'm testing ORACLE 9i on a Windows 2000 Server.
The Oracle Client run also under Windows 2000.
The remote Oracle database is reached correctly by the Oracle Client, using as well SQL Plus, as Visual BASIC or by linking Tables into MS/Access via ODBC.

BUT THE ROBLEM IS: My Web page is written in ASP (DreamWeaver/Macromedia).
Under ASP (Vbscript), the Tables and the data fields are viewed completely, but at development time only.
When executing the ASP code (F12), the program leaves in error, (IMPOSSIBLE TO DISPLAY the PAGE), and this whatever the method used: "Microsoft ODBC for Oracle" or "Oracle in OraHome90" drivers, or Provider OLEDBOracle.

Type of error: "Microsoft OLE dB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)" [[ Microsoft]][[Gestionnaire of pilots ODBC ]] "SQLAllocHandle Failure of the pilot on Standard SQL_HANDLE_ENV"

Type of error: "ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0E7A)" Impossible to find the provider.
He is perhaps badly installed.

Would somebody have a solution? Thank you in advance

For the French speaking readers :
Problème: ASP, connexion à Oracle 9i
J'ai installé en test un database server ORACLE 9i sur plateforme Windows 2000.
Le Client Oracle est également sous Windows 2000.
La database Oracle est parfaitement accédée par le Client, aussi bien en SQL Plus, qu'en Visual Basic ou
encore dans MS/Access par ODBC (link Table).

Voici mon PROBLEME :
Ma page WEB est écrite en ASP (DreamWeaver de Macromedia).
Sous ASP (Vbscript), les Tables et les champs de données sont parfaitement visualisés,
mais seulement en phase de développement.
Au moment de l'exécution, le programme sort en erreur, (IMPOSSIBLE d'AFFICHER LA PAGE),
et ceci quelle que soit la méthode utilisée : pilote "Microsoft ODBC for Oracle", pilote "Oracle dans OraHome90", ou encore le Provider OLEDBOracle.
Impossible d'afficher la page
Type d'erreur :
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[[Microsoft]][[Gestionnaire de pilotes ODBC]]
Échec SQLAllocHandle du pilote sur SQL_HANDLE_ENV
Type d'erreur :
ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0E7A)
Impossible de trouver le fournisseur. Il est peut-être mal installé.

Quelqu'un aurait-il une solution ? Merci d'avance
Re: Connecting Oracle 9i database from ASP, VbScript [message #100514 is a reply to message #100327] Fri, 31 January 2003 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shailendra Batham
Hi there
By any chance did u get a solution for this problem of yours.
Re: Connecting Oracle 9i database from ASP, VbScript [message #100551 is a reply to message #100514] Thu, 13 February 2003 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin Aurand
I'm also having the same problems. Has anyone heard a solution to this thing yet?
Re: Connecting Oracle 9i database from ASP, VbScript [message #100575 is a reply to message #100514] Sat, 22 February 2003 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hamad
i' have same prob;em

who's haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas solutions

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

my email : mohamad_3@yahoo.com
Re: Connecting Oracle 9i database from ASP, VbScript [message #100657 is a reply to message #100327] Thu, 03 April 2003 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pascal
Try to install the lastest version of MDAC (2.7 SP1)

It worked for me.

good luck

Pascal
Re: Connecting Oracle 9i database from ASP, VbScript [message #100865 is a reply to message #100551] Mon, 26 January 2004 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dhaneht
I've the same problem. I'm doing my own research and found out the suggested solutions:
1. Install MDAC (now 2.8 is the latest)
2. Set DSN correctly
3. Register DLL (MSDASQL.DLL, and some oracle DLL)
4. Change permission of folder that install the oracle to everyone to have full control.
5. Install JetEngin (now 4.0 is the latest)

And the result is..... it doesn't work.!!!!!!

Help me
Re: Connecting Oracle 9i database from ASP, VbScript [message #100867 is a reply to message #100865] Tue, 27 January 2004 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paolo milani
I've solved the problem this way:
add the IUSR_<machine name> and the IWAM_<machine name> account to the Oracle home folder (default c:oracleora92). Give both accounts full control.

Then restart your computer...and it should be work.

Bye
Paolo
Re: Connecting Oracle 9i database from ASP, VbScript [message #101145 is a reply to message #100867] Wed, 26 May 2004 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mukesh
i am also have same problem the database is on remort server on xp.
Re: Connecting Oracle 9i database from ASP, VbScript [message #101662 is a reply to message #100575] Wed, 09 February 2005 02:26 Go to previous message
irfan
I am unable to connect to oracle server from client it is telling no listner pl some one tell me what to do my mail id is ss_irfan@indiatimes.com
Previous Topic: JDBC
Next Topic: Error while installing Oracle 9i client
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:25:07 CDT 2024