Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Re: OracleOraHome81Managementserver fails to start
Re: OracleOraHome81Managementserver fails to start [message #100103] Tue, 23 July 2002 08:05
Jason Lee
hi,
i spent the night doing this and think i have gotten the steps right. hope this helps everyone out there who is having a hard time. do let me know when you get it to work.

1. after you have installed your oracle 8i, first, edit the sqlnet.ora file found in your oracle_home/network/admin/ directory. change this line
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS) to
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NONE)

2. after you have done that, you will need to create a respository. use OMS (Oracle Management Server) to do this. you can find it at
programs -> oracle -> enterprise manager -> configuration assistant.

select create a repository.

follow the steps. once you are done, oracle will start the management server for you.

3. finally, once you have the management server running, run the console found at
programs -> oracle-> enterprise manager -> console

you need to login with sysman/change_on_install BECAUSE you are logging in for the first time.

4. with all that done, create a datebase in your repository to start all your work

hope it helps everyone out there. good luck
Previous Topic: Re: Uninstalling Oracle completely
Next Topic: Re: Simple Solution for Installing 8i on Windows 2000 Pro (Pentium IV)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:57:02 CDT 2024