Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Re: solution for JREW error on Pentium 4 installations
Re: solution for JREW error on Pentium 4 installations [message #100055] Fri, 28 June 2002 19:01
Vicki Ticen
To one and all -

I am pleased and gratified that this solution has worked for so many of you. It amazes me that I continue to receive postings to this thread more than a year after my initial posting. I must say, though, that I didn't think this up. I got it from somewhere else on the web, although after all this time I can't remember the details.

I now work in a position that allows me access to Oracle's Metalink support system. I have searched their forums for answers to this situation. The first report of this error shows up about six months before I posted the solution here. The only viable solution they propose is the same as the one I posted. They do not have a patch available, and I doubt that they intend to come up with one.

However, it's possible that this only affects the 8.1.x installations, as I did find a reference indicating "Versions Affected: Oracle Universal Installer version 1.7.1.9.0 and earlier versions
(bundled with products in 8.1.X CD packs). " Perhaps more recent releases don't have this issue?

At any rate, I'm glad that this has been so helpful to so many!

Vicki
Previous Topic: Re: HELP: Unable to install personal oracle 8.0 on windows 2k server
Next Topic: standalone
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:54:45 CDT 2024