Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Dos Operating System Related Problem
Dos Operating System Related Problem [message #99831] Thu, 18 April 2002 11:11 Go to next message
Kumar
When i run the below command by putting it in a Dos batch file or at the Dos command prompt
I get the below message.

C:>exp userid=ifpms1/test@hoststring file=c:testexp.dmp log=c:testexp.log tables=MT_BANK_MST

Export: Release 8.1.5.0.0 - Production on Thu Apr 18 20:39:52 2002

(c) Copyright 1999 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

EXP-00056: ORACLE error 1017 encountered
ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
Username:
Password:

Above User id is asked for 3 times and then it gives a different error telling all login
attempts are over and comes out until 3 login attempst it does not comeout rather return
control to calling application which is in Oracle forms 6i.

MY Question is :

Is it possible to reduce the time (the time till which the EXPORT Utility waits for the user to enter the user id & password for the second time after the
first time failure ) between successive login attempts

or

Is there a way by which I can pass the Enter equivalent command so that multiple EXPORT
Utility login attempts will fail as they take null value as userid and pwd (when Enter Key
is pressed )to host so that rest of the attempts will fail automatically.

thanks in advance
kumar
Re: Dos Operating System Related Problem [message #99841 is a reply to message #99831] Tue, 23 April 2002 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeff
you should ask your admin jeff
Re: Dos Operating System Related Problem [message #101104 is a reply to message #99831] Mon, 03 May 2004 21:46 Go to previous message
Nitin
no need to specify the userid keyword
just enter the following
exp ifpms1/test@hoststring file=c:testexp.dmp log=c:testexp.log tables=MT_BANK_MST
Previous Topic: Oracle becomes unresponsive when fetching rows through ODBC
Next Topic: Oracle Installation..
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:21:36 CDT 2024