Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Insufficient privileges when using SYSDBA,SYSOPER connect
Insufficient privileges when using SYSDBA,SYSOPER connect [message #99802] Tue, 09 April 2002 12:12 Go to next message
sheela
Hi,
I've been working with oracle for quite a while. This wasn't an issue until Oracle came up with the oracle management server for 8.1.5/6/7 databases. Before that I was do do all backups and restores and automated stuff, without using OMS. But now I've oracle 8.1.6 and 8.1.7 and having trouble because sometimes you have to login as 'SYSDBA' or 'SYSOPER' instead of 'NORMAL' to get some jobs done.
However everytime I tried to logon to the database as SYSDBA or SYSOPER I get an error "Insufficient privileges". I'm using system/manager logon and password for this. If I try 'NORMAL' connect, it works. Please Help!.

Thx
Paul
Re: Insufficient privileges when using SYSDBA,SYSOPER connect [message #99806 is a reply to message #99802] Tue, 09 April 2002 14:07 Go to previous message
sheela
Never mind. I've a bunch of documentation on this. I should be able to work this out.
Previous Topic: wana convert my Access records into Oracle tables
Next Topic: Insuffcient privileges - make the question simpler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:20:57 CDT 2024