Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Problem in calling stored procedure from VB
Problem in calling stored procedure from VB [message #99748] Fri, 15 March 2002 01:07 Go to next message
Sudheer M P
hi,
I have written an application in VB which calls some stored procedurs from oracle. I was using oracle 8i in Win NT server..It was working fine . i was using microsoft ODBC for oracle. Now i have changed the database to Oracle 9i. Now while trying to execute the same procedures it is giving error.

Runtime error'-2147217839(80040e51)':

Provider cannot derive parameter information and SetParameterInfo has not been called.

sample procedure call:

Dim adocmd As New ADODB.Command
With adocmd
.ActiveConnection = constr
.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
.Prepared = False
.CommandText = "pvvd_gett_dtbs_fild_name"
.Parameters(0).Value = cname
.Execute
fieldstr = .Parameters(1).Value
End With
Set adocmd = Nothing

Please suggest a solution for the problem

thanks

Sudheer M P
Re: Problem in calling stored procedure from VB [message #99762 is a reply to message #99748] Thu, 21 March 2002 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dinesh
Hi Sudheer,
Now u shifted to oracle 9i so chk the odbc driver version for oracle 9i.that migth be difference or install oracle 9i client at your m/c.
Second solution may be used OLE DB provider for oracle to call procedure.

Regards,
Dinesh
Re: Problem in calling stored procedure from VB [message #100332 is a reply to message #99748] Thu, 17 October 2002 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sk chanda
Dear Sudheer,

Have you defined the ADODB Connection object. If not, please deinfe the connection object first and then define the command object.

Example:

set cn=CeateObject("ADODB.Connection")
cn.open "Driver{SQL Server}; Server=SQLServer; Database=Pubs; UID=SA; PWD=SA;"
cmd.activeConnection= cn
Re: Stored procedure for craeting Reports VB+Access [message #100523 is a reply to message #99748] Wed, 05 February 2003 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Choudhry Saleem Ahmad
Respected Sir i m i want to know the brief desciption of the Stotred
Procedures..Used for creating Reports(date reports)
in Visual Basic using MSAceess in Back End..
please reply me soon
Re: Stored procedure for craeting Reports VB+Access [message #101094 is a reply to message #100523] Tue, 27 April 2004 15:16 Go to previous message
Brandon
I would like to know how and if there is a way to run reports from access in VB. I am making a presentation and was wondering if this would be possible without running Access.
Previous Topic: Problem installing Oracle Provider for OLE DB 8.1.7.3
Next Topic: Intelligent Agent Auto Discovery failing on Oracle 9.2.0 running on Windows Advance Server 2000
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:42:07 CDT 2024