Home » Infrastructure » Windows » OraOLEDB connection string
OraOLEDB connection string [message #99649] Tue, 05 February 2002 16:25 Go to next message
Dominic
Hi.
I have a small VB app that connects to data in an oracle database on my laptop. I am using the following connection string.

Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=LOCAL;User ID=demo252;Password=demo252

When I run this on a pc networked to my laptop, I get:

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?
I get 'Data Source=LOCAL', because thats what the alias is in the 'networkADMINtnsnames.ora' file (as per 'OraOLEDB Documentation' with my Oracle installation)...but then there is another alias in this file called EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA.
Any Ideas?
Re: OraOLEDB connection string [message #99652 is a reply to message #99649] Wed, 06 February 2002 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaushik
you create a service name with network administrator wizard .use the same service name in the data source...
that will solve your problem..
Re: OraOLEDB connection string [message #100805 is a reply to message #99652] Fri, 24 October 2003 02:17 Go to previous message
eilison
and also, keep an eye on your domain, if you are in a windows domain.

For example: if your domain name=abc.com and you just create a service name=info, then the sercives name with which you may connect to db may be info.abc.com

But it is not absolution,cuz a lot of other tech may be involved here. hope it helps

eilison
eilisonl@yahoo.com
Previous Topic: VB ODBC SQL advice
Next Topic: installation of oracle 8.0.4 on winxp..
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:02:37 CDT 2024