Home » Infrastructure » Windows » java.exe error after installing Oracle 8 on win2k P4
java.exe error after installing Oracle 8 on win2k P4 [message #99631] Wed, 30 January 2002 02:59 Go to next message
V
I have just installed Oracle 8 Personal on a Pentium 4 Win 2000 PC.
When I restarted Windows I started getting loads of java.exe errors

java.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program
An error log is being created.

Has any body any ideas as to why this is happening and any possible workaround

many thanks

V
Re: java.exe error after installing Oracle 8 on win2k P4 [message #100014 is a reply to message #99631] Tue, 18 June 2002 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
promod barthwal
hi

i too met with the same situation. i got a solution to it. i loaded the patch which is there in the following site.
http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.1/jre/download-jre-windows.html

just load this patch and let me know the status.
my mail id is pbarthwal@rolta.com

bye

promod
Re: java.exe error after installing Oracle 8 on win2k P4 [message #100598 is a reply to message #99631] Mon, 03 March 2003 14:49 Go to previous message
Venugopal Nair
I have a workaround solution for this problem.
Go to Control panel / Administrative tools / Services / Stop the service for 'OracleOraHome81HTTPServer'.
Right click on 'OracleOraHome81HTTPServer' select properties and make startup type as 'manual'.
This should not effect the oracle database as it is the HTTP services provided by apache/Java, Windows 2000 can be configured for IIS which gives you the same services as the HTTP server. Hope this solves the problem of irritating message popping up when you start windows 2000.
Previous Topic: ODBC Connection String
Next Topic: Connecting to ORACLE on SOLARIS from NT/2000
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 08:50:00 CDT 2024