Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Unable to login Oracle 8i - SQL Plus in Win 2000 Pro
Unable to login Oracle 8i - SQL Plus in Win 2000 Pro [message #99559] Thu, 10 January 2002 05:33 Go to next message
Benny A
Hi,

I am trying to install Oracle 8i in Windows 2000 Pro machine PIII/128MB/600MHz.

The Installation goes well, But at the end I am getting an O/S Error.Unable to start the service. If I Ignore the error, the installation come to the end but only for the first time I can login in into SQL Plus with Scott and tiger, But If I shut down the machine and login the next time, It gives and TNS error and I am totally out.
I need some one's help to resolve theis problem and badly in need of your help.
Thanks in advance.
Benny
Re: Unable to login Oracle 8i - SQL Plus in Win 2000 Pro [message #99582 is a reply to message #99559] Tue, 15 January 2002 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sokeh
Run a sqlnet assist to see what your service name is.
You may need to reinstall database using db assist.
Re: Unable to login Oracle 8i - SQL Plus in Win 2000 Pro [message #99600 is a reply to message #99559] Tue, 22 January 2002 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
I am also facing the same problem, using the account "system" and password "manager", only the first time i can login sqlplus. after shut down computer and try to log in again, i always get msg like this "no oracle avaible, the shared memory realm does not exit"
please help
Re: Unable to login Oracle 8i - SQL Plus in Win 2000 Pro [message #100485 is a reply to message #99582] Sat, 18 January 2003 07:30 Go to previous message
ewoud
Start the database administration assistant. Delete all existing databases (not nesecarry). Create new database. When you now login in SQL plus you put by username 'SYS' and as password you use 'change_on_login'.

If you're now logged in, you can use next commands to create you as a user.

CREATE USER - IDENTIFIED BY - ;

example

CREATE USER ewoud IDENTIFIED BY cow;

To avoid more troubles you can do some real cool stuff. If you're the dbase manager you got to give yourself all privileges. In this case you type:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON <dbasename> TO <username> WITH GRANT OPTION;

The with grant option is necesarry if you want to pass your privileges on to other persons.

Hope I could help you.
Previous Topic: My two errors
Next Topic: ODBC Oracle programming
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:48:29 CDT 2024