Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Re: Oracle Management Server NT
Re: Oracle Management Server NT [message #99366] Tue, 02 October 2001 23:07 Go to next message
Abdullah Gilani
Setting Up DBA Studio to Connect to an Oracle Management Server

If you do not have the Oracle Enterprise Manager framework set up, follow the steps below.

1. Run the Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant (EMCA) to create a repository.

2. Ensure that the Oracle Intelligent Agents are started on the nodes you want to manage.

When you start agents local to the Management Server, they provide auto-discovery of services when starting the Management Server. In order to discover distributed services, the
Agents on the nodes where those services reside must be started.

3. Ensure that the Oracle Management Server is started.

On Windows NT: Start the Management Server from the Control Panel > Services.

On UNIX: Start the Management Server from the command line by typing

oemctrl start oms

4. Start the Oracle Enterprise Manager Console.

For Windows NT users, start the Console from the NT Start menu.

For UNIX users, start the Console from the command line by typing

oemapp console

The Console's Oracle Enterprise Manager Login appears.

5. Enter the default credentials for the super administrator account.

Administrator: sysman

Password: oem_temp

Management Server: Select the name of the node where the Oracle Management Server is running from the pull-down list

Note: It is recommended that you change your password immediately.

6. Discover the nodes where the desired databases reside. For more information about service discovery, refer to the Discovery Wizard: Introduction help.

DBA Studio will have access to these databases.

7. Exit the Oracle Enterprise Manager Console.

8. Start DBA Studio.

9. When the Oracle Enterprise Manager Login appears, choose Login to the Oracle Management Server.

10. Enter the credentials for the Enterprise Manager user account:

Administrator: sysman or the Enterprise Manager user that the super administrator has created for you.

Password: oem_temp or the new password if you have changed it

Management Server: the name of the node where the Oracle Management Server is running

11. Press the OK button.

Thanks,
Syed Abdullah Gilani.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Oracle Management Server NT [message #99626 is a reply to message #99366] Tue, 29 January 2002 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wai Mok
Thanks for your tips. I am able to connect personal oracle 8i and the management server on the same machine. However, I have Oracle 8i Enterprise version installed on another window 2000 server but I cannot connect the management server with that Oracle instance (they are on different machines). You said we have to have Oracle Intelligent Agents running on the node for the management server to talk to it. Exactly how to make them connect?
Re: Oracle Management Server NT [message #99799 is a reply to message #99366] Sun, 07 April 2002 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheryl
I have tried installing the Enterprise manager and there are no errors. The Intelligent agent starts without errors. But it does not discover the database on the node. How could I solve this?
Re: Oracle Management Server NT [message #99947 is a reply to message #99366] Fri, 24 May 2002 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kiran Patil
Dear Sir,

I have installed oracle server 8i after installation I want to enter DBA studio management server it was asking for password i have tries system,manager then scott,tiger then yours sysman,oem_temp but I am not getting entry in DBO studio. How do I get user name password.How do i create super administrator account. I struck up here after this I want to import one database from other server to newly installed server please help me out in this two things.
Thank You - Oracle Management Server NT VTK-1000 [message #100300 is a reply to message #99366] Fri, 04 October 2002 01:49 Go to previous message
Jaleel P A
Thank you very much Mr.Syed Abdullah Gilani for your step by step description.

Jaleel P A
Bangalore
India
Previous Topic: Re: solution for JREW error on Pentium 4 installations
Next Topic: OO4O : Oracollection within a stored procedure call
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:56:32 CDT 2024